If you have not been enrolled at UCI for a quarter (excluding Summer), you must apply for readmission to the School of Physical Sciences. We will review your readmission request and respond within 2-3 weeks.
Readmission Application Submission Timeline/Deadline:
You should submit the application no earlier than the listed date.
- Fall Quarter: April 1 - August 1 (It is recommended that you submit the application by May 1st in order to enroll with continuing students)
- Winter Quarter: October 1 - November 1
- Spring Quarter: January 1 - February 1
- Summer Session: We do not readmit for Summer. **Readmission is not required for enrollment in UCI Summer Session. Please contact the Summer Session Office for futher information on Summer registration.
Follow these directions below to apply for readmission:
1. Clear any financial holds (but not academic holds) before you apply for readmission.
2. Apply online for readmission during the filing period
3. Pay the non-refundable application filing fee of $70.00 that will be assessed to your Zot Account. Please be sure to pay this fee once charged to avoid any late fees.
Before you submit the form, please see the FAQs below:
Are you eligible for readmission?
To be eligible for readmission, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Be in good academic standing (you must have left UCI with a 2.0 cumulative GPA)
2. Still be within your allotted 12 quarters if you started as a freshmen or 9 quarters if you started as a transfer student
3. If you are coming in or left as an Undeclared major, you must still be on track to declare a major before the start of your seventh quarter
4. If you have a Physical Sciences major declared, you must be making normal progress toward that degree and can graduate on time
NOTE: Any UCI student who has been gone for more than 12 months COULD be held to any new or additional degree requirements.
*Good Academic standing is when a student's cumulative (overall) and current (most recent term) grade point averages are 2.0 or better, that student is in good academic standing.*
**If you were a Physical Sciences student when you left UCI, and were on Academic Probation or Subject to Disqualification status, your academic standing will be evaluated as part of the readmission application process.**
If your cumulative GPA is below a 2.0:
You may not be eligible for readmission and you may need to take courses at UCI through UCI Concurrent Enrollment or Summer Session to bring up your GPA to the required 2.0.
If you were in another school at UCI and would like to readmit in a major in the School of Physical Sciences:
You need to meet change of major requirements here: https://changeofmajor.uci.edu/
If you have attended another institution since leaving UCI:
You must provide official transcripts to the Office of Admissions if your readmission application is approved.
If you are an international student:
Contact the UCI International Center directly for immigration questions/documents for readmitted international students.