The deadline to drop courses without approval in the School of Physical Sciences is Friday of Week 2 by 5:00pm.
After Week 2, you may petition to drop a course via the Enrollment Exception process in Student Access if you have a valid, documented emergency which prevented you from dropping the course by the deadline published in the Registrar calendar. Emergencies include severe illness, death in immediate family, car accident, etc. You must be able to provide proof upon request documenting this emergency in a timely manner. If you petition to drop one course, you must clearly explain how this extenuating circumstance impacts only one course and not all courses.
Requests will be denied if submitted for the following reasons:
- You did not know the deadlines, did not understand the drop process, or forgot to drop the course.
- The course is not required to meet Major, School, or University requirements.
- You are no longer pursuing a certain major and do not need this course.
- You did not meet the proper prerequisites for the course.
- You are doing poorly in the course because of difficulties with the course material.
- You are doing poorly in the course because of a heavy course/work load.
- You are doing poorly in the course because you failed to attend.
- You are having difficulty understanding the instructor or teaching assistant.
- You are no longer able to attend the remainder of the class or final exam because something has come up.
- The severe illness affects someone other than you, your spouse or domestic partner, or your child.
Enrollment exception requests to drop a course will only be considered for extenuating and documented circumstances outside of the student’s control. Approval is not guaranteed. It is therefore important to continue attending class meetings and submitting assignments until your request is fully processed.
It is your responsibility to log into Student Access and check the status of your Enrollment Exception.
The deadline to add courses without approval in the School of Physical Sciences is Friday of Week 2 by 5:00pm.
After Week 2, you may petition to add a course via the Enrollment Exception process in Student Access.
Late adds are rarely approved. Late adds are never considered for Math courses.
Change Grade Option policy (to or from Pass/No Pass)
The deadline to change a grade option without approval in the School of Physical Sciences is Friday of Week 2 by 5:00pm.
After Week 2, you may petition to change a grade option via the Enrollment Exception process in Student Access. Requests are usually considered for students before 5:00pm Friday of Week 6, for any student NOT currently on academic probation. Students on academic probation must take all courses for a letter grade (unless the course is offered P/NP only).
All requests submitted after 5:00pm Friday of Week 6 will be denied. No exceptions.
**Policies for adding/dropping/changing a grade option also apply to students enrolled through the Division of Continuing Education's Concurrent Enrollment Program**