HOW TO CREATE A STUDY PLAN:
1. Your study plan should include courses that you plan to take in future quarters leading to your expected graduation date. If you have not completed the requirements listed below, then you should include these in your proposed study plan.
- UC Requirements (Entry Level Writing and American History/Institutions)
- UCI General Education Requirements (Categories I-VIII)
- Major Requirements
2. Remember you must check for course prerequisites and confirm in what quarter certain courses are offered when building your study plan.
STUDY PLAN POLICY
Students could be required to produce a study plan when requested by an Academic Counselor or Peer Academic Advisor. Study plans may be requested for the following reasons (but are not limited to the following reasons):
1. Change of Major or Double Major requests
2. 5th year petitions
3. Normal Progress
4. Undeclared/Unaffiliated Physical Sciences Students (who are past their first year)
5. Students requesting readmission
The purpose of a study plan is to guide a student's academic career OR provide a student with an academic exercise regarding course planning.
A study plan is by NO MEANS a contract with our office. In some cases, prerequisites or course offerings may not be checked upon acceptance of the study plan. All course offerings and prerequisites are subject to change. Therefore, our office cannot be held responsible for any issues stemming from an accepted study plan.
Students are expected to follow their accepted study plan. Failure to follow their accepted study plan could result in either 1) a request for a new study plan OR 2) inability to graduate.