The School of Physical Sciences Mentor Program connects current students with science professionals to provide a personal, one-on-one opportunity for students to explore career possibilities and allow mentors to share their experiences.
- Enrich your life by making a difference in someone else's
- Reconnect with the School of Physical Sciences on a personal level
- Gain new skills as you advise and counsel students
- Share your experiences
- Receive constructive feedback about personal and professional skills
- Learn about specific jobs, career paths, industries, and organizational cultures
- Pursue networking opportunities
- Take a proactive step toward a successful future
Commitments and Responsibilities
Mentors and students are expected to meet once-a-month. Students are encouraged to take control and initiate meetings and communications. Both mentors and students are expected to commit to the program for the academic year (November-May).
The School of Physical Sciences will host three mandatory Mentor Program events that can serve as three of the monthly meetings for the program partnership. The school also offers other events which mentors and students can chose to attend together.
There is no cost to get involved!