New Transfer Students
For new Fall 2022 students....
Welcome to UCI and the School of Physical Sciences!
A hold will been placed on your Fall quarter enrollment. You will not be allowed to enroll in classes until you complete the Academic Course History Form AND Academic Advising.
• STEP 1: COMPLETE THE ACADEMIC COURSE HISTORY FORM
Go to and complete the online Academic Course History form that tells us about your academic course history and courses you’ve taken/completed/or plan to complete in Winter/Spring/Summer terms. It is recommended that you complete STEP 1 as soon as possible. It is VERY IMPORTANT that this form is submitted accurately; what you submit will impact your ability to enroll correctly into Fall quarter courses. Your enrollment in courses could be delayed if you do not submit the form accurately.
In addition, before you complete this form, you must have electronic copies of ALL unofficial transcripts (from all colleges/universities that you’ve attended) and your IGETC certificate (if available) in electronic format. PDF format is preferred. You will be required to upload all documents as part of the Academic Course History form.
When you have all electronic documents ready, you can proceed to the online Academic Course History form here:
It is recommended that you submit the Academic Course History Form as early as possible.
• STEP 2: COMPLETE ACADEMIC ADVISING
On June 6th at 12:00pm (PDT), you will be emailed instructions on how to complete Academic Advising ONLY IF you've completed STEP 1 (submitted the Academic Course History form). You MUST complete STEP 1 first. There are two options to complete Academic Advising; you need to sign up for ONE of the options once you receive the email on June 6th (further information below on the benefits of both options).
ACADEMIC ADVISING OPTIONS
Online Academic Advising can take around 2-3 days to complete. Once you have completed Online Academic Advising, the academic hold on your record will be removed and you will be eligible to enroll in fall quarter classes.
- Students who choose this option could start enrollment into Fall quarter classes as early as June 9th.
***Students who sign up for Online Academic Advising will NOT be allowed to attend in-person Academic Advising.
In-person Academic Advising will take place on campus at UC Irvine. Each session will take around 2-3 hours to complete. Students will listen to a presentation, then you will be eligible to enroll into Fall quarter classes. Students will select ONE of these sessions below.
Session 1: Thursday, June 16th at 9am
Session 2: Tuesday, June 21st at 1pm
Session 3: Wednesday, June 29th at 9am
***Students who sign up for an in-person Academic Advising will NOT be allowed to complete Online Academic Advising.
REMINDER: You need to sign up for ONE of the above options. You will receive information on how to sign up for Academic Advising via email on June 6th ONLY IF you completed the Academic Course History Form. You should sign up for one of the options right away to guarantee your reservation, and enrollment in classes.
Benefits of Online Academic Advising
- You can enroll into your Fall quarter classes as early as June 9th.
- You do not have to travel to campus (and pay for parking); you can complete advising wherever is convenient for you.
- You can complete advising at your own pace.
Benefits of In-Person Academic Advising
- You can enroll into your Fall quarter classes at the advising session.
- You may get to meet fellow classmates in the same or similar majors.
- You can explore UCI campus before or after the advising session.
In addition, we recommend that you review the following websites for some great information:
• Transfer Student Center website http://transfercenter.uci.edu/ (FAQs, tips, programs, etc.)
• Registrar http://www.reg.uci.edu/ (Calendar, deadlines, how to register, ZotBill, etc.)
• Physical Sciences http://ps.uci.edu/ (news, events, etc.)
• Physical Sciences Student Affairs (Counseling Office) http://ps.uci.edu/stuaff/ (policies, academics, campus resources, etc.)