PHYSICAL SCIENCES HONORS and AWARDS:
- American Chemical Society Analytical Chemistry Award - Given to a chemistry student whose contribution to the field of pure or applied analytical chemistry has been outstanding.
- American Institute of Chemists Foundation Student Award - Given to a chemistry student on the basis of the student’s record of leadership, ability, character, and scholastic achievement.
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research - Recognizes the research accomplishments of one student from each School.
- Chancellor's Award of Distinction - Recognizes an exceptional group of graduating students who exhibit a commitment to cutting-edge research, leadership, or service to UCI
- Don L. Bunker Award - Given to a graduating chemistry student whose performance in the field of chemistry has been stellar.
- Herbert H. Chen Award - Given to an outstanding junior level physics student, chosen by the UCI physics and astronomy faculty.
- Robert Doedens Award – Given to an outstanding junior level transfer student from one of the majors in the School of Physical Sciences.
- Latin Honors at Graduation – Given to no more than 16 percent of the graduating class as follows:
2 percent summa cum laude, 4 percent magna cum laude, and 10 percent cum laude.
- Hypercube Scholar Program Award - Given to a chemistry undergraduate student who has shown promise as an outstanding researcher.
- Departmental Honors – Research-based honors program for specially selected students in each Department.
- Merck Award - Given to a chemistry undergraduate student who has shown promise in the area of organic chemistry.
- Outstanding Senior Award - Given to one graduating student in each department who has shown superior academic merit.
- Orange County American Chemical Society Award - Given to an outstanding BS in Chemistry student.
- Physical Sciences Undergraduate Achievement Award – Given to an outstanding junior level student in one of the majors in the School of Physical Sciences.
- Undergraduate Research/Departmental Service - Awarded to one outstanding graduating student in each department whose research and/or service to the department has been extraordinary.
- Howard Tucker Award - Given to an outstanding graduating mathematics student by the UCI mathematics faculty.
- Phi Beta Kappa - A national honor society that inducts only the most outstanding graduating students in the arts and sciences.
- Phi Lambda Upsilon - A national chemistry honorary society into which a few select graduating chemistry students are invited.
- Pi Mu Epsilon - A national mathematics honorary society into which a few select graduating mathematics students are invited.
- Sigma Pi Sigma - A national physics honorary society into which a few select graduating physics students are invited.
- Sigma Xi - A research honor society for scientists and engineers.
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research - Awarded to one faculty member for excellence as a research mentor to an undergraduate student.
- Outstanding Contributions to Undergraduate Education - Awarded to one faculty member from each department who has excelled in undergraduate education.
for graduate students...
- Faculty Endowed Fellowship – Awarded to one or more graduate students who are about to complete their Ph.D. for use to assist them with their job search.
- Outstanding Contributions to the Department - Awarded to one graduate student from each department in recognition of their contribution.