For new Fall 2022 students....
Welcome to UCI and the School of Physical Sciences!
A hold will been placed on your Fall quarter enrollment. You will not be allowed to enroll in classes until you complete Academic Advising. There will be two options for you to complete Academic Advising, but please do not begin until instructed to do so:
• OPTION 1: IN-PERSON ON-CAMPUS ACADEMIC ADVISING
More information (and dates) to come. Please check back here closer to March.
• OPTION 2: ONLINE ACADEMIC ADVISING
Do not proceed until instructed by our office.
• STEP 1: COMPLETE THE ACADEMIC COURSE HISTORY FORM
Go to and complete the online Academic Course History form that tells us about your academic course history and courses you’ve taken/completed/or plan to complete in Winter/Spring/Summer 2022 terms. It is recommended that you complete step 1 as soon as possible. It is VERY IMPORTANT that this form is submitted accurately; what you submit will impact your ability to enroll correctly into Fall 2021 quarter courses. Your enrollment in courses could be delayed if you do not submit the form accurately.
In addition, before you complete this form, you must have electronic copies of ALL unofficial transcripts (from all colleges/universities that you’ve attended) and your IGETC certificate (if available) in electronic format. PDF format is preferred. You will be required to upload all documents as part of the Academic Course History form.
When you have all electronic documents ready, you can proceed to the online Academic Course History form here: https://ps.uci.edu/stuaff/content/academic-course-history-form
It is recommended that you submit the Academic Course History Form as early as possible.
• STEP 2: COMPLETE ONLINE ACADEMIC ADVISING
On June 8th at 12:00pm (PDT), you will be emailed instructions on how to complete Online Academic Advising ONLY IF you've completed STEP 1 (submitted the Academic Course History form). It is important that you complete STEP 1 first.
Online Academic Advising requires that you complete a total of 7 steps which can take around 3-5 days to complete. Once you have completed all steps, the academic hold on your record will be removed and you will be eligible to enroll in fall quarter classes.
Before you begin Online Academic Advising, please do the following:
1. Review the requirements for your major in the online UCI General Catalogue (http://www.editor.uci.edu/catalogue/).
2. Go to http://www.assist.org to see what UCI classes you have credit for.
3. Look at the Searchable Schedule of Classes and become familiar with it. (http://websoc.reg.uci.edu/perl/WebSoc)
4. Watch ALL of these video tutorials to learn more about the UCI registration system: http://ps.uci.edu/stuaff/content/video-tutorials
5. Request that your previous schools send official copies of your transcripts to the UCI Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools by July 1.
6. Complete the T-POW pre-orientation website: http://orientation.uci.edu/tpow
Review the following websites for some great information:
• Transfer Student Center website http://transfercenter.uci.edu/ (FAQs, tips, programs, etc.)
• Registrar http://www.reg.uci.edu/ (Calendar, deadlines, how to register, ZotBill, etc.)
• Physical Sciences http://ps.uci.edu/ (news, events, etc.)
• Physical Sciences Student Affairs (Counseling Office) http://ps.uci.edu/stuaff/ (policies, academics, campus resources, etc.)