In an effort to continue to assist our employees during this unique and unprecedented period of time, UCI has launched families.uci.edu, a new central webpage to help connect UCI families to dependent and elder care resources.
In addition, we have partnered with Bright Horizons® to offer a new, high-quality, subsidized Back-Up Care™ Program and Additional Family Supports™ for all UCI faculty/academics, staff, resident physicians, and graduate students. The new Bright Horizons services are effective Nov. 1, 2020 through Oct. 31, 2021. Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™ can be used anytime you need to be at work and a family member needs assistance or support. You may access up to 10 days of subsidized back-up care.
All faculty/academics, staff, resident physicians, and graduate students also have access to the Bright Horizons Additional Family Supports™ program, which includes:
- Free access to Sittercity’s comprehensive database of self-pay services including nannies and sitters, pet care, housekeeping help, and virtual sitters
- Preferred enrollment for full-time child care at Bright Horizons centers
- Valuable elder care resources through Years Ahead
- Discounts on tutoring, test prep, and enrichment classes
- Tuition discounts at partner centers
- Discounts on a local, high-touch placement service of trained, screened nannies
Register now to join upcoming webinars or watch a recorded webinar on-demand to learn more about the Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™ Program and Additional Family Supports™. The registration links become recording links following each session:
Visit families.uci.edu for more information and resources for dependent and elder care.
Please contact the Employee Experience Center (EEC) at 949.824.0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Associate Chancellor and Chief Human Resources Executive
Vice Provost Academic Personnel