For new Fall 2019 students....
We recommend that all Transfer students first carefully read all of the information on the Transfer Pre-Orientation Website (T-POW): http://orientation.uci.edu/tpow/Welcome.php
All incoming transfer students are required to attend Academic Advising in the summer. On campus group academic advising sessions are offered as follows:
- June 20 from 9:00am-12:00pm
- June 26 from 1:00pm-4:00pm
- June 28 from 1:00pm-4:00pm
- July 1 from 9:30am-12:30pm (this session is for Chemistry or Math majors only, please bring a laptop or tablet)
- July 8 from 1:00pm-4:00pm (this session is for Chemistry or Math majors only, please bring a laptop or tablet)
- July 10 from 1:00pm-4:00pm
The number of seats in these sessions are limited. Students who choose this option should expect to be on campus for at least 3 hours. This option is best for students who want to enroll in classes as soon as possible.
If you are unable to attend these sessions, then you have the following option to complete academic advising:
- Attend a small group session on either August 28 or August 29th. These sessions will begin at 9:00am. Sessions will be limited to 12 students and are offered on-campus.
**Students who cannot attend any of the above sessions will have the opportunity to complete academic advising online after September 1.**
Before you register for Summer Advising, you must first complete the online Academic Course History form.
The Academic Course History form tells us about the courses you’ve previously taken, as well as courses you've completed/or plan to complete in Winter/Spring/Summer 2019 terms.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that this form is submitted accurately; what you submit will impact your ability to enroll correctly into Fall 2019 quarter when you arrive for an academic advising session. This could delay your ability to enroll into courses if you do not submit the form accurately.
In addition, before you complete this form, you must have electronic copies of ALL unofficial transcripts (from all colleges/universities that you’ve attended) and your IGETC certificate (if available) in electronic format. PDF format is preferred. You will be required to upload all documents as part of the Academic Course History form.
It is recommended that you complete the Academic Course History form as soon as possible.
When you have all electronic documents, you can proceed to the online Academic Course History form here: https://ps.uci.edu/stuaff/content/academic-course-history-form
On or after June 7th at 10:00am, return to this website and register for academic advising at this website here: https://ps.uci.edu/calteach/transfers.new.php
Before you attend one of the Summer advising sessions, please do ALL of the following:
- Activate your UCInetID and email (activate.uci.edu/activate/menu.html), which is necessary to enroll in classes.
- Review the requirements for your major in the online UCI General Catalogue (www.editor.uci.edu/catalogue/).
- Go to www.assist.org to see what UCI classes you have credit for.
- Look at the Searchable Schedule of Classes and become familiar with it. (websoc.reg.uci.edu/perl/WebSoc)
- Get familiar with your degree requirements at: http://ps.uci.edu/stuaff/current/degrees
- Prepare a sample Fall schedule and show it to us when you come in. This tool will help you: https://antalmanac.com/ You can even prepare a sample plan, save it, and show it to us when you come for advising.
- Request that your previous schools send official copies of your transcripts to the UCI Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools by July 1.
UCI Office of Admissions
204 Aldrich Hall
Irvine, CA 92697-1075
- Watch ALL of these video tutorials to learn more about the UCI registration system: http://ps.uci.edu/stuaff/content/video-tutorials
Review the following websites for some great information:
- Transfer Student Center website http://www.transfercenter.uci.edu/ (find information about programs and services for new and continuing transfers, meet the staff, view our event calendar, learn about resources, and more)
- Registrar www.reg.uci.edu/ (deadlines, how to register, ZotBill, etc.)
- Physical Sciences www.physsci.uci.edu/ (news, events, etc.)
- Physical Sciences Student Affairs (Counseling Office) ps.uci.edu/~stuaff/ (policies, academics, campus resources, etc.)